Earlier this Summer, in honor of National S’mores Day, we hosted creator, Danine Alvarado, at Getaway Hill Country outside of Austin, so she could disconnect from the noise and focus on finding a fresh twist on the traditional s’more. During her stay, she created this amazing S’mores Croissant French Toast—save this recipe in your back pocket for your next escape to nature.
Make 2 per kit
- Egg mixture
- 3 eggs
- 3-4 coffee mate creamers
- 3-4 sugar packets
- About a teaspoon of instant coffee
- Croissant cut in half stuffed with two marshmallows, I suggest cutting them in half. Using the chocolate squares in the S’mores Kit, break one up and stuff the croissant.
- Whisk all together
- Soak each stuffed croissant in mixture
- Cook over medium heat in buttered skillet (I brought mine) or non stick pan available in cabin
- Cook on each side for about 4-5 minutes.
- Pressing down on them a bit.
- Then drizzle chocolate syrup. Top with crumbled Honey Maid Graham Cracker and marshmallows.
- I toasted them with a tiny torch I bought at the grocery store.
- And Voilà
What makes the perfect s’more?
Very toasty marshmallows and gooey melted chocolate.
What do you want s’more of in your daily life?
I would love more time in nature and just more fun experiences in different places with my kids.