Earlier this Summer, in honor of National S’mores Day, we hosted creator, Corey Siegel, at Getaway Asheboro outside of Charlotte and Raleigh, so he could disconnect from the noise and focus on finding a fresh twist on the traditional s’more. During his stay, he created this amazing S’more French Toast—save this recipe in your back pocket for the next sweet morning you wake up in nature.
French Toast Batter:
1 Cup Milk
1 Tbs Sugar
½ Tbs Cinnamon
½ Tbs Vanilla Paste
4 Slices of Brioche
1 Tbs Butter for browning
- Combine all of the ingredients into a bowl except for the Brioche and butter.
- Stack the brioche slices so they are two high and dip into the batter.
- Add 1 Tbs of Butter to a cast iron pan and cook on both sides over a campfire until golden brown, about three minutes on each side.
1 1/4 Cup Dark Chocolate
14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
4 Tbs Unsalted Butter
- Combine all of the ingredients in a cast iron pan and melt over a campfire.
4 Giant Marshmallows
2 Graham Crackers
2 oz Dark Chocolate Finely Chopped
- To finish the S’mores French toast, place down the first piece of toast.
- Add 2 campfire roasted marshmallows on top.
- Place the second piece of toast.
- Top with two more marshmallows.
- Drizzle on the chocolate sauce.
- Crush up the graham cracker over the top.
- Finish with finely chopped dark chocolate and enjoy!
What makes the perfect s’more?
The perfect S’more is all about a perfectly roasted marshmallow! Golden brown on the outside and completely ooey-gooey on the inside. Seems easy but everyone has their own technique! Balancing the softness of the marshmallow with the crunch of the graham crackers and melted dark chocolate is the perfect match.
What do you want s’more of in your daily life?
Spending more time with nature, cooking over campfires!