This winter we hosted Chef Om at Getaway Big Bear so he could disconnect from the noise of LA and spend some time in nature in the Big Bear mountains. During his stay he created this delicious Rose Chai with Vegan Marshmallows to stay warm by the fire amidst the snow.
- 8 cups water
- 4 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 7 green cardamom pods, crushed or 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 7 cloves
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp Black peppercorns
- ½ cup ginger, minced
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- A handful of edible dried roses
- 1 cup oat milk or your favorite plant milk
- Bring the water to a boil and add all the spices (except the roses)
- Allow the chai mix to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the roses and let simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add the maple syrup and milk
- Strain, serve and add marshmallows. You can also add some crushed rose petals for color.
What makes the perfect winter recipe?
The perfect winter recipe is warming and sweet! Adding some ginger and cinnamon to your cookies or drinks will warm you up from inside. Like a hug ❤️
How will you be slowing down this winter and making the most of this season?
I will be enjoying lots of time by the fire as well as bundling up and going outside with our pups. Our frenchies prefer walking in cooler weather so this is the best time to get longer hikes and walks with them. I will also be cooking lots of stews and soups! They do really brighten cold winter days.
How did you recharge on your cozy winter escape?
During our cozy winter escape we enjoyed reading, playing ukulele and doing little dances while cooking meals in the gorgeous little cabin. The weather was very cold outside so we enjoyed the comfy bed being cuddled by our pups.