One of our favorite ways to relax and connect with others here at Getaway is by sharing a meal or a favorite recipe. We reached out to Danielle of @therealveganmayo for some of her favorite recipes that she cooked on her Getaway. Here’s the recipe for her delicious Vegan Mango Habanero Glazed Skewers.
Vegan Mango Habanero Glaze
Makes enough glaze for roughly 5-6 skewers.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup unrefined coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mango
- 1/2 habanero pepper finely chopped (include some seeds if you like a little heat)
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 2 tbsp apple juice
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil (adjust as needed)
- On medium high heat add oil to pan and let warm. Once warm, add minced garlic cloves, habanero pepper and liquid smoke to pan and heat for 2 minutes and 30 seconds until fragrant and slightly browned.
- Add the rest of your ingredients except your coconut sugar and heat on medium for 3 minutes, mixing frequently.
- Once that is completed, add your coconut sugar and mix well to incorporate all ingredients. Let simmer for 4:30-5 minutes on medium heat, lower heat to low and let stand for 2 minutes. Once glaze thickens a bit, brush onto your skewers and add them to your grill, cook and then enjoy!
Options for skewers: vegan beef and chicken chunks (available on plantsleadourway.com—you can use code “MAYO” to save you $10 on your order, or check your local grocery store for available options near you. We also used mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, and green bell pepper. We paired it with some fresh guacamole, quinoa, mango salsa, and a lime wedge.
Looking forward to cooking in nature again? Book your Getaway today.