We recently hosted Garianne Gagliardi of Garianne’s Table at Getaway Eastern Catskills in January, and during her stay she captured one of her favorite recipes from her trip: a sweet and salty campfire pizza. Read on for her recipe to recreate this delicious meal on your next escape to nature.
- 1 bag dough sub gluten free dough if need be. You can also make your own dough if you’d like!
- fig spread
- fresh mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil
- salt + pepper
- butter or oil to grease the pan
- Grab a 10 inch Cast Iron Skillet
- Butter or oil the base
- After letting the dough rise, mold it into the cast iron skillet
- Layer on the fig jam, sprinkle mozzarella cheese, place down prosciutto + basil leaves, and lastly drizzle with honey – feel free to add whatever spices you enjoy as well
- Place on fire rack above the fire – cover with foil.
- Let cook for about 15 minutes or until pizza looks fully done. Check it periodically and turn the cast iron often so all sides cook evenly
For a sweet dessert to follow your pizza, head over to her blog for her Cast Iron Skillet Banana Bread recipe.
Feeling inspired to create your own campfire dishes? Book your Getaway today.