Looking for a sweet treat to end a night around a campfire with those who matter most? We reached out to our friends over at Loveless Cafe for their refreshing take on a classic s’more. Here is their recipe for Biscuit S’mores:
Yield: ~3 dozen biscuits
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter, melted, divided
- 1 bag Loveless Cafe Biscuit Mix
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 bag (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 ⅔ cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 bag (24 ounces) jumbo marshmallows
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- Grease a cast iron skillet with butter.
- In a large bowl, mix together Biscuit Mix, sugar, and chocolate chips. Fold in buttermilk and vanilla. Mix until a sticky dough is formed.
- Place dough on a well-floured surface. Dust top of dough heavily with flour and knead per package instructions.
- Roll out dough to 1/2-inch thick with a floured rolling pin, adding flour to top of dough and rolling surface as needed to avoid sticking. Do not re-roll dough more than once.
- Cut out biscuits with a 2-inch cutter. Place biscuits in skillet with the sides touching one another and brush generously with melted butter. Bake for 12 to 16 minutes, rotating once about halfway through.
- While biscuits are baking, slice marshmallows into thirds.
- Remove biscuits from oven and brush with melted butter one more time. Top each biscuit with marshmallow and return to oven for 1 more minute to allow marshmallows to melt and brown.
- Top with graham cracker crumbs and serve warm.
Ready to cook your own Biscuit S’mores over a campfire? Book your Getaway today.