There’s something very special about waking up and cooking breakfast with your friends and family—especially with phones off and tucked away where they can’t distract you from these quiet moments.
We tapped Caitlin of Public Lives, Secret Recipes, and asked her to share a recipe for the perfect Getaway breakfast for you to try. Here’s what she came up with during her escape to nature.
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups GF rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 2 5oz containers of Follow Your Heart vanilla yogurt
- 12-18 oz blackberries
- In a pot, boil water. Once boiling, turn off heat and stir in oats. Cover for 5 minutes or until soft. When oats are fully cooked, add in the vanilla and honey.
- In saucepan, heat blackberries over medium heat until they begin to bleed or burst. Turn off heat and stir. Feel free to smash some of them with the back of a spoon to release more juice.
- Pour oats into jar or bowl. Top with yogurt and blackberries. Serve and enjoy.
Ready to get cozy in a tiny cabin with this oat parfait? Book your Getaway today.