Earlier this Summer, in honor of National S’mores Day, we hosted creator, Kaitlyn Meslin, at Getaway Blake Brook outside of Boston, so she could disconnect from the noise and focus on finding a fresh twist on the traditional s’more. During her stay, she created this amazing Cappucino S’more—save this recipe in your back pocket for your next escape to nature.
I love ending the day with a cappucino – and what could be better than the s’more version?! This s’more has the perfect combination of cinnamon, chocolate, espresso & marshmallow. Decadent & satisfying – you’re sure to be calling for s’more!
Per 4 S’mores
- 8 marshmallows
- 1 bar milk chocolate
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 2 full graham crackers (4 squares)
- 4 Lotus biscuits
- Dark chocolate shavings
- Break graham crackers into squares
- Over a double boiler, melt milk chocolate bar with espresso powder. Coat one side of each graham cracker with chocolate/espresso mixture; place on a parchment-lined dish and refrigerate until hardened (at least 30 mins)
- Start your campfire & toast marshmallows to taste
- Assemble s’more! Place 2 toasted marshmallows on each chocolate/espresso coated graham cracker & top with dark chocolate shavings. Place 1 Lotus biscuit on top & enjoy!
What makes the perfect s’more?
A perfectly toasted marshmallow (for me, a little extra charred!) You don’t have to go too fancy with the ingredients – just make it with love and the amazing firepit experience. Nothing makes me happier than the smell of a real campfire!
What do you want s’more of in your daily life?
I’m always craving s’more opportunities to catch up with loved ones over great food. And since it’s summertime, nothing’s better than bringing the party outside!