Has it been a while since your last escape to nature? Here’s what you might have missed.
This summer, to give you more ways to escape to nature, we opened Getaway Campgrounds, a pop-up in Catskills, NY and Moss, TN, offering a modern, immersive outdoor experience for today’s camper. Each campsite is designed to give you the perfect space to recharge, and our campsites have everything you need and nothing you don’t, so you don’t have to think too hard about what you need for your stay.
Getaway Is Growing
At the beginning of the summer, we finally got to share that we’re opening 11 new Outposts this fall and winter. You will now be able to escape to nature from the following cities:
- Indianapolis, Indiana (Getaway Brown County)
- St. Louis, Missouri (Getaway St. Francois)
- Cincinnati, Ohio (Getaway Earthwood)
- Columbus, Ohio (Getaway Hocking Hills)
- Detroit, Michigan (Getaway The Thumb)
- Greenville, South Carolina (Getaway Lake Hartwell)
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin (Getaway Wild Rose)
- Orlando, Florida (Getaway Gilchrist Springs)
We’re also opening additional Outposts outside of Atlanta, Georgia (Getaway Coosa River); Chicago, Illinois (Getaway Starved Rock); and Washington DC (Getaway Alum Springs), so our friends in those cities have even more ways to Getaway.
The General Store by Walmart
This summer we also teamed up with Walmart to open General Stores at select Outposts across the ocuntry. These General Stores will be unique retail experiences where you can shop a curated selection of travel essentials, momentos, games, products by local artisans and business owners, and more. General Stores will launch at the following Outposts:
- Getaway Hill Country (Wimberley, TX)
- Getaway Big Bear (Running Springs, CA)
- Getaway Western Catskills (Roscoe, NY)
- Getaway Ozark Highlands (Osceola, Missouri)
- Getaway Machimoodus (Moodus, CT)
And, upon arriving in your cabin at these Outposts, you’ll receive a welcome kit, compliments of Walmart, that will allow you to kick back, relax, and enjoy your Getaway even more.
Our Creative Community
This summer we hosted some amazing creatives from our community—check out some of our favorite dishes, workout routines, and songs captured at Getaway:
Workout with Coach Cam
Make Some Campfire Peaches with Garianne Sheridan
Jam with Addie Sartino of The Greeting Committee
Plan The Best Escape to Nature for Your Moon Sign with The Cosmic Latte
Itching for your next escape? Book your next Getaway today.