Registered dietitian Melissa Rifkin believes in both healthy eating and healthy living. That’s why she recently took to our New York Outpost to build some balance into her own life. Now she’s sharing with us, and you, the simple, healthy meal she made on her Getaway.
Spinach & Cheddar Grilled Cheese
What you’ll need:
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 slices low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 slices low-fat American cheese
- Handful of spinach leaves
What to do:
- Heat your skillet to medium heat.
- Spread some butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Place one slice of cheddar cheese and one slice of American cheese on one piece of bread.
- Cover with spinach, the other two slices of cheese, and the other slice of bread.
- Place the sandwich into the skillet and heat until the bread is crispy and the cheese is melted (2-4 minutes on each side).
- Add in some avocados and chips for a crunchy side and enjoy!