Comfort campfire cooking can be healthy. Our cabins come supplied with olive oil, salt, and pepper, so just grab some metal skewers and fresh Brussel sprouts to enjoy this quick and easy snack.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cut off the stem end of the Brussels sprouts
- Bring a 1/2 inch salted water to boil in a large frying pan or saute pan. Add the brussels sprouts, cover, reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook until the sprouts are tender and the water has evaporated – about 5 minutes.
- Toss the steamed brussel sprouts with the olive oil, garlic, and salt.
- Allow the sprouts to cool for two minutes, then skewer 4 to 5 brussels sprouts onto metal skewers with 1/2 -inch between each sprout.
- Place the skewers on to the grill and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn the skewers over and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with salt & pepper, serve and enjoy!
Ready to try this tasty recipe on your own escape to nature? Book your Getaway today.
Recipe and photos provided by Taste for Travels.