One consistent piece of feedback we receive from our guests is that Getaway is the perfect place, far from the light pollution of the city, to see the stars—and on Monday, April 8, 2024, a total solar eclipse will trace a narrow path across 13 states, offering a breathtaking opportunity to escape into nature to be present for this celestial event. Imagine the sky turning dark as the Moon obscures the Sun casting a surreal ambiance all around. It’s a moment of magic; an experience that will leave you in awe.
The eclipse’s path extends from Mexico and enters the United States through Texas, continuing its journey through Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, and finally reaching the northeastern tip of Maine—meaning our guests who escape to nature on Monday, April 8, 2024 to any of the following Outposts will have a chance to watch the solar eclipse:
- Getaway Hill Country outside of Austin and San Antonio
- Getaway Piney Woods outside of Dallas
- Getaway Brazos Valley outside of Houston
- Getaway Ozark Highlands outside of Kansas City
Illinois and Michigan
- Getaway Barber Creek outside of Chicago
- Getaway Starved Rock outside of Chicago
- Getaway Hocking Hills outside of Columbus
- Getaway Beaver Creek outside of Pittsburgh and Cleveland
- Getaway Brown County outside of Indianapolis
- Getaway Eastern Catskills outside of NYC
- Getaway Western Catskills outside of NYC
Make sure to book your escape early to reserve your tiny cabin to watch this historic event.
For more information about specific times and places to watch the eclipse, head to NASA’s official information page.