We care deeply about the wellbeing of our dedicated guests, our team, and the local communities that have welcomed us over the years. That’s why we’ve been working day and night to ensure we can still deliver the value of Getaway, while providing a safe experience.
If you can make it to an Outpost, we want to be a resource to you—not just as a physical, naturally distant space, but also as a reprieve that brings fresh air and benefits for your spiritual and emotional wellbeing. What we’ve heard is that being home isn’t simple, or possible, for everyone, and there’s a strong need and desire for Getaway. A private, solitary experience in nature is the very DNA of Getaway, and that will never change.
We’ve recently updated our safety procedures and processes, as guidelines from local health officials and the CDC have evolved. We’ll continue to monitor and adapt as the situation continues to change.
Here’s what we’re doing in response to COVID-19 to ensure all of our Outposts are safe for our guests and for our team:
- We’ve intensified our routine cleaning procedures; our team now spends 2x as long cleaning each cabin to ensure they’re more deeply disinfected.
- Our Outposts are naturally socially distant. By design, they are quiet places without communal spaces or in-person interaction. This means easy self check-in and check-out processes without a front desk and at least 50’-150’ between cabins.
- All of our team members have been trained on detailed COVID19 cleaning practices based on the guidance of industry experts.
- We’ve provided our team with personal protective equipment (PPE)—meaning gloves and masks to wear when appropriate according to state and local guidelines.
- Our team is practicing strict social distancing, keeping at least 6 feet between each other or guests. When preparing cabins only one team member is ever inside at a given time.
- Though supporting local businesses is incredibly important to us, we ask that you check local guidelines before visiting these places, including grocery stores and gas stations. We also ask that you respectfully wear a mask if and when visiting any local businesses.
Please know that our entire team is working hard to be as thoughtful, thorough, and responsible as possible in the midst of an ever-shifting landscape. We’re here for you 24/7 at [email protected]