Disconnection can mean something different for everyone. Whether it’s reading in bed, walking outside, or – for Getaway guest Renee Searcy, a personal chef and food stylist – cooking.
Renee loves experimenting with new recipes, so it’s natural that when she booked her escape to Getaway Chattahoochee, she had plans for what to cook over the campfire. Enjoy this delicious recipe, ready for your next campfire cooking session.
Beef Smoked Sausage and Veggies (serves 2)
What you’ll need:
- 8 oz beef smoked sausage, sliced on the bias
- 1 medium potato, cut into a small dice
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small sweet or vidalia onion, sliced
- Roasted tomatoes in oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp oil of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
What to do:
- Heat a large cast iron skillet on a grate over hot coals or on the grill. You can also cook on the stovetop on medium-high heat.
- Melt the butter and oil together.
- Add the potatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the sausage, peppers, and onions. Cook until the veggies are starting to get tender (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add tomatoes and some of the oil from the container. Let cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy.